The Top 10 Best Movies On Netflix
Some movies make you cry while others make you laugh. Some are forgettable while others would forever be etched in your heart. Here are the top ten best movies on Netflix that are worth watching over and over again.
- Avatar – As the top one in Top 100 films of all time, this 2009 American science fiction movie by James Cameron also tops the best movies on Netflix. A movie for the whole family, Avatar is the story of the interaction between humans and that of another race called the Navi through the use of genetically engineered human-Navi bodies known as avatar. Sam Worthington and Zoe Saldana were the lead stars of this blockbuster, which was reported to have grossed over $2 billion worldwide. It won the Best Director and Best Motion Picture awards at the Golden Globes Award.
- Titanic – An epic romantic tragedy film released in 1997, Titanic held the record as the top grosser of all time until it was replaced by Avatar 12 years later. Another film by James Cameron, Titanic featured Leonardo Dicaprio as Jack and Kate Winslet as Rose. It is the love story between a rich girl and poor guy that took place on the ill-fated maiden voyage of the British passenger liner that sank in 1912.
- Toy Story 3 – An all time favorite movie of the entire family, this 2010 movie starring Tom Hanks and Tim Allen tells about the struggles of toys as their owner Andy becomes a teenager, the stage where he would say goodbye to them – his toys. Produced by Pixar and directed by Lee Unkrich, this third film of the Toy Story series won the Academy Awards for Best Animated Feature and for Best Original Song. Indeed, it is one of the best movies on Netflix that you should not miss.
- Gone With The Wind – Still considered as the most beloved popular film of all time, this 1939 tale of love-hate romance was derived from Margaret Mitchell’s published novel. A story about a woman’s struggle to find love and her survival during wartime, this movie earned 10 Academy awards, a record it held until 1959, when Ben-Hur garnered 11 Oscars.
- Jerry Maguire – Starring Tom Cruise and Renee Zellweger, this 1996 drama-comedy-romance movie had its audiences mesmerized from beginning to end. A story about a sports agent who was sacked from his position and was determined to be on top of the game again but love has other plans. This movie would make you want to fall in love all over again.
- White Christmas – Enjoy the holidays and see this 1954 Christmas musical romantic movie. It is a story about two soldiers, two sisters, falling in love, and friendship. Bing Crosby and Danny Kaye played the roles of the soldiers while Rosemary Clooney and Vera Ellen were the sisters. This Christmas, laugh and cry, sing and dance as you and your family see this feel-good movie once more.
- Pain and Gain – Released in 2013 and directed by Michael Bay, this star-studded film has Mark Wahlberg, Dwayne Johnson, Anthony Mackie, and Ed Harris as lead stars. A story about three not-so-smart bodybuilders running away from the Miami Police, this crime and comedy film is unexpectedly entertaining and worth your while.
- Tangled – Another computer animated movie from Disney made it to the top 10, which is not a surprise, considering that this musical fantasy comedy film is about love, family, adventure, hope, and dreams coming true. The story was taken from the fairy tale Rapunzel. Mandy Moore was the voice behind the leading female character, Rapunzel. This movie is not only for the young but also for the young at heart. Be ready to fall in love with its characters and its amazing, original songs. It is truly one of the best movies on Netflix.
- Wolf Of Wall Street – In this 2013 movie, Leonardo DiCaprio plays Jordan Belfort, a New Yorker stockbroker who tricked the investors of Wall Street in the late 1980s and as a result, he became very rich. A film for adults, Wolf of Wall Street became controversial for its sexual content, the mention of drugs, corruption, vulgarity, and morality issues.
- The Village – Written and directed by M. Night Shyamalan, this 2004 thriller would keep your heart beating fast. Set during the 19th century, the Village is a haunting story of a community racked with fears of mysterious creatures that dwell in the forest around them.
Whether you’ve seen them once or a hundred times, you can enjoy yourself again with these best movies on Netflix. Grab your popcorn, sit back, relax and have a wonderful time with these top 10 movies on Netflix.