How To Set-Up Netflix on Your Playstation 4 in Australia
This tutorial gives you a quick run down of the steps to take to set-up Netlifx on your PlayStation 4 (PS4) if you live in Australia. If you live in Australia you’re probably well aware that Netflix isn’t available here. The beauty is you’re able to access it if you have an Unblock-Us account. So make sure you have one of those first. I have a full tutorial on how to set that up right here so check that out too.
If you’re ready to rock and set Netflix up on your PS4 read on. Once again this post assumes you have signed up for an Unblock-Us account. If you haven’t done that yet do it first. It has a free trial period so there’s nothing to lose.
1. Navigate to the settings menu on your PS4 from the main control screen
2. Select Network
3. Select “Set up Internet Connection”
4. Select Custom
5. Choose either Wi-Fi or LAN cable depending on how your Playstation 4 connects to the internet.
6. Choose “Automatic” for your IP Address settings
7. Select “Do Not Specify” for DHCP Host Name
8. Select “Manual” for DNS settings
9. Now we must set the Primary and Secondary DNS to the following settings. This will make your PS4 look like its overseas and allow you to access Netflix. For this to work you need to have an Unblock-us account.
7. Restart the PS4.
8. To watch Netflix on the Playstation you can use the awesome Netflix app – it is great, you can scroll through all the titles in a really nice, easy to use format – it is 100% designed for lounging around watching tv shows from the comfort of your lounge room.
- If you have problems logging into the Netflix app go into options from the Netflix menu (press circle) then go to the “view account information or sign out” option to the right. At the bottom left of the next screen you will see the sign out of Netflix option. This will allow you to reset Netflix settings and sign in again.
- Please remember, the Netflix app must be closed between switching Netflix regions, or it will not work.
Once the region has switched you can reopen the app. To close the Netflix app press the PS4 button on the controller and select the option to logout.
- To install Netflix application – You need to log in to PSN using US or Canadian account, install latest PS4 updates (if any) and your system must be configured as described above before you start installation.
So there you have it – that’s all there is to it to have your Playstation 4 set-up so you can watch Netflix in Australia.