How To Set-Up Netflix on Your Xbox 360 in Australia
So you’ve got an Xbox 360 and you want to watch Netflix in Australia? It certainly is possible. This post shows you exactly how to do it. The post makes the assumption that you have signed up for an Unblock-Us account first. If you haven’t signed up for an account with them it’s impossible to watch Netflix so check it out – they have a free trial so you can try before you buy, nothing to lose.
Once you have set yourself up with an Unblock-Us account you will just need to set-up an American Xbox account. The free account is fine, so just sign up for one and use fake American address details. Then you need to configure your Xbox 360 to ensure it uses the Unblock-Us service when it’s speaking to the Netflix servers. This really is pretty simple to do. First things first – turn your Xbox on. Once it’s up and running perform the following steps:
- Go to My Xbox, select System Settings.
- Select Network Settings.
- Select Wired Network or the name of your wireless network.
- Select Configure Network.
- On the Basic Settings tab, select DNS Settings.
- Select Manual.
- Select Primary DNS Server.
- Enter the primary DNS server as in the table below and then select Done.
- Select Secondary DNS Server.
- Enter secondary DNS server as in the table below and then select Done.
- Select Done again.
- Press the B button on your controller, and then select Test Xbox LIVE Connection.
Restart your XBox 360 before using the service
Once you have restarted the X-Box just head to the Unblock-Us website on your Xbox web browser. This will then confirm if you have set it all up correctly.
Finally download the Netflix app making sure you’re using your American Xbox account to do so.