How To Set-Up Netflix on Your Playstation 3 in Australia
This tutorial gives you a quick run down of the steps to take to set-up Netlifx on your PlayStation 3 (PS3) if you live in Australia. If you live in Australia you’re probably well aware that Netflix isn’t available here. The beauty is you’re able to access it if you have an Unblock-Us account. So make sure you have one of those first. I have a full tutorial on how to set that up right here so check that out too.
If you’re ready to rock and set Netflix up on your PS3 read on.
Once again this post assumes you have signed up for an Unblock-Us account. If you haven’t done that yet do it first. It has a free trial period so there’s nothing to lose.
1. You will need to create a new PSN account to use with Netflix. This needs to be an American account as the Australian ones won’t work. This is dead easy to do – you can complete the process online so it’s nice and easy. Just head to the Playstation USA site and create the new account. Click the “Join PSN” link in the top right corner of the site to do it.
2. Once you have the account created you will need to add a new user to your PS3 – you can’t assign a new PSN login to an exisiting user on the Playstation, so create a new user. I named my user “Netflix” and sign in as that user whenever I want to watch Netflix.
3. Now you need to set the Playstation 3 up to use the Unblock-Us DNS servers. So what this does is when the Playstation speaks to the Netflix servers, instead of going out from your Australian connection it is routed through a USA connection, so the Netflix servers think you are based in the USA. Once this has been confirmed and a connection established it automatically reverts back to the Australian connection, and all is good. It’s fast, brilliant and easy.
So all you have to do is set-up the internet connection on your new “Netflix” user account on the PS3:
1. Select (Settings) > (Network Settings).
2. Select [Internet Connection Settings].
3. Select [Yes] when a confirmation screen is displayed stating that you will be disconnected from the Internet.
4. Select [Custom]. Leave all settings as is until you reach [DNS Settings].
5. Select [Manual] and fill the DNS server fields with the Unblock-Us values from the table below:
6. Press Right button on the PS3 controller until offered to check connection. Check connection to save the new settings.
7. Restart the PS3.
8. To watch Netflix on the Playstation you can use the awesome Netflix app – it is great, you can scroll through all the titles in a really nice, easy to use format – it is 100% designed for lounging around watching tv shows from the comfort of your lounge room
- To install the Netflix application – open this address http://ps3.unblock-us.com from the PS3 Internet Browser. Remember that you must be signed in to an American PSN account and have your PS3 set-up as per the instructions above in order for this to work
So there you have it – that’s all there is to it to have your Playstation 3 set-up so you can watch Netflix in Australia. I have this exact set-up running on the PS3 in my room and one in my living room. It’s awesome. Enjoy.