How To Set-up Netflix On Your iPad in Australia
If you reside in Australia and you would like to know how to setup Netflix on your iPad, then this tutorial will help you solve the geographic limitation set by Netflix. Because of the geographical limitations implemented by Netflix in Australia, residents are rendered unable to access their services. However, through the use of Unblock-Us, you will be able to fully access the media streaming offered by Netflix via your iPad. Prior to downloading the Netflix app and registering for an account, it is important that you register with Unblock-Us first and make the necessary configurations on your iPad to remove any geographical limitations. I have a tutorial on how to setup an Unblock-Us account so you may want to check that too.
Once you’re ready to configure Netflix on your iPad, read on.
Again, this post is under the assumption that you already have an account signed-up with Unblock-Us already. If you do not, then you should get one first before configuring your device. Unblock-Us provides a free trial so you’ve got nothing to lose.
1. Make sure your iPad has the latest firmware installed. Otherwise, the configurations you are about to make may not work with the Unblock-Us service.
2. Upon signing-up with Unblock-Us, configure your iPad using specified Unblock-Us DNS setting. This will help trick Netflix into thinking you are currently within the U.S.
3. For proper connection, use only a Wi-Fi network because the service will not work when using 3G network. Additionally, in order to be able to download the Netflix app, you need to have a Canadian, US, UK, or any other country iTunes account that offers the Netflix app for download. You can create a US iTunes account very easily, the guide is on this site.
4. To change the DNS settings of your iPad, go to settings then touch on Wi-Fi. Touch the blue arrow pointing right on the network you want to use or connect with.
5. A new side-screen will appear. Stay on the DHCP tab and simply scroll down towards the DNS setting. Delete any numbers that are there and replace them with these: (note: the two Unblock-Us DNS are separated by a comma).
To make the settings you made above work, you must do the following:
- Reboot the iPad.
- Using the web browser, go to http://www.unblock-us.com and login to your account.
- The Unblock-Us website will attempt to check your service status to see if everything is ready.
- If there are changes to your internet address, the dialog box will tell you. Click on the click here to activate your new internet address to enable the Unblock-Us service to identify who you are. Furthermore, the dialog box will also inform you of any unpaid invoice or account termination.
- These final steps will help to ensure that the Unblock-Us service will work on your device. If you do not do these final steps, you may not be able to access their service.
Upon finishing configuring your iPad and everything is setup properly, go to the Apple App Store with the American iTunes account on your device and download the Netflix app. Once downloaded, open the app and register for an account on Netflix. After completing your registration, all that is left to do is to enjoy.