How To Set Up Netflix On Nintendo Wii in Australia
This tutorial will provide you with the necessary steps to set-up Netflix on your Nintendo Wii device if you live in Australia. If you reside in Australia, it is likely that you are aware that Netflix is not available here. However, by having an Unblock-Us account, you will be able to have full access to Netflix using your Nintendo Wii while still being in Australia. Make sure you have the Unblock-Us account first and set it up on your device before downloading the Netflix application. I have a full tutorial on how to setup an account so check that one out too.
When you’re all set and ready to set Netflix on your Nintendo Wii, read on.
Again, this post assumes that you already have an account signed up with Unblock-Us. If you don’t, make sure to do that first before anything else. They provide a free trial period which means there is nothing for you to lose.
1. Make sure your Nintendo Wii is updated with the latest firmware version or else the configuration using Unblock-Us may not work.
2. Once you have an account signed-up with Unblock-Us and your device’s firmware fully updated, turn the Nintendo Wii on so you can configure it using the specified Unblock-Us settings. In order for you to watch Netflix in Australia, you need to use the Unblock-Us DNS servers to fool Netflix into thinking you are residing within the U.S.
3. To change the DNS settings of your Nintendo Wii, turn on your device and navigate unto the Wii options and then the Wii settings. Using the D-pad, scroll going right until you reach the internet. Select it to enter. Open the connection settings and you will be presented with a list of connections that are stored inside your Nintendo unit. Click on the connection that is outlined by red corners and then click on change settings. Using the D-pad controller, scroll to the right until you see auto-obtain DNS. This is the setting that you want to change.
4. Once you are on auto-obtain DNS, click on the No button and then click on the Advanced settings. Inside, you will be presented with four sets of numbers. Input the following Unblock-Us DNS servers:
- Primary DNS – 126.96.36.199
- Secondary DNS – 188.8.131.52
5. After you have input the primary and secondary DNS server numbers, click on confirm and then press save. Your Wii will now be checking for Internet connection. Make sure to wait until the process has completed and then return onto the main screen.
To Make the Settings Work:
- Reboot the device
- Using your computer, go to http://www.unblock-us.com.
- Login to your account.
- The Unblock-Us website will now check your service status to see if everything is ready by checking your account and if your DNS is setup correctly.
- If your internet address has changed, a dialog box will tell you. Click on the ‘click here to activate your new internet address’ to allow our service identify who you are. Additionally, the dialog box will also inform you of any unpaid invoice or account termination.
- The final steps help in ensuring that the Unblock-Us service will work on your device. If you do not do this, you may not be able to access their service.
Upon finishing your setting up of an Unblock-Us account using your Nintendo Wii, search and download the Netflix application. Follow the options on the screen to link your Netflix account to your Nintendo Wii. Once you are able to access your Netflix account using your Nintendo Wii, all you need to do now is select the movie of your choice and enjoy.
That’s basically it. Once you have properly configured your device, you will be able the enjoy Netflix using your Nintendo Wii even if you are geographically located in Australia